Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2024, 06:26 PM   #1
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Vacation Time= Maintenance

Spent the day cleaning, Checking and repacking wheel bearings and replacing seals. Had one seal
Started leaking. Brake pads look in very good shape, drums looked in good shape. Lubed all the wet bolts, New tire will be installed next week. Tomorrow blow out the back of the frig fans to make sure it cools, haven’t done that in a year and half.

DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:01 PM   #2
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Back of fridge it cleaned, replace the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir. Dex IV + Stiction Fluid. Replace some of that vinyl trim that covers screws.

I think I’m going to add a fan to provide more coil cooling for the fridge.

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
Old 05-20-2024, 06:18 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I hate that when that happens!

We have not been out in the Monte since July 2023, and before that it was December 2022. Not much. DW has been in an ongoing cancer battle and thankfully she is doing well. I am retiring in July and we will resume traveling. I have been going thru cleaning and checking all the systems, sanitizing the water lines, etc.

In one of our closets I found a plastic jug of distilled water had cracked and leaked out in the closet, causing some mold on the clothes in the closet and on the bottom shelf. She carries the distilled water for her iron. The jug probably only had a quarter of a gallon of water in it and was not full. She probably brought it on board when we went to Houston for grandson's birthday December 2022. Some of the clothes washed out ok but her tee-shirts that were folded in the bottom are toast. Thankfully - they must have soaked up most of the leak! I suppose this could happen with plastic bottles of cleaning solutions and such under the sink. I will be checking those today.

FYI - my Suburban IW60 on-demand water heater fired up and worked as it should!! So no spiders this time. I always drain down the whole RV after each trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-05-20_07-10-54.png
Views:	7
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	17156  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 04:18 PM   #4
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
We have not been out in the Monte since July 2023, and before that it was December 2022. Not much. DW has been in an ongoing cancer battle and thankfully she is doing well. I am retiring in July and we will resume traveling. I have been going thru cleaning and checking all the systems, sanitizing the water lines, etc.

In one of our closets I found a plastic jug of distilled water had cracked and leaked out in the closet, causing some mold on the clothes in the closet and on the bottom shelf. She carries the distilled water for her iron. The jug probably only had a quarter of a gallon of water in it and was not full. She probably brought it on board when we went to Houston for grandson's birthday December 2022. Some of the clothes washed out ok but her tee-shirts that were folded in the bottom are toast. Thankfully - they must have soaked up most of the leak! I suppose this could happen with plastic bottles of cleaning solutions and such under the sink. I will be checking those today.

FYI - my Suburban IW60 on-demand water heater fired up and worked as it should!! So no spiders this time. I always drain down the whole RV after each trip.
Sorry to hear about your wife, we haven’t went anywhere in two years. Just to darn busy working and other things that get in the way.