Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2024, 01:54 PM   #1
lessteffes

M.O.C. #27053
Cost to Replace Windshield

Cost of front windshield on a 3810?

lessteffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 05:25 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
At the top of this page there is a google search. I searched the forum for “front windshield replacement” and read the top 5-6 threads from the past. There is not much info on replacement cost - which leads me to believe that replacement is relatively rare. When the windshields first appeared in 2016 there was some discussion on the pros and cons of the windshield. If replacement was common - seems like there would be lots of threads and discussion, and the replacement cost would be easy to find. I would definitely contact my insurance company, plus several local RV mobile glass companies before making a decision. If you make an insurance claim - the cost would be your deductible.

For starters - Trekwood has replacements… I would hope this cost would be on the high side. Trekwood’s shipping cost has a reputation for being high (based on info I have read in this forum)…but I suppose I understand why shipping would be expensive for a big piece of automotive laminated glass. I would guess the windshield weighs 125-150 lbs.

I also did a YouTube search and watched a few motorhome windshield replacement videos. A big single piece of glass for a Tiffin takes 3 guys to install. Our Montana glass is not that big thankfully. I also did a quick google search on sister forum IRV2. Motorhome windshields run $2500-$4500 total. Some motorhomes have single huge glass pieces and some have smaller split pieces.

And it turns out - another google search of the web revealed there are lots of glass companies with mobile glass replacement capabilities. I doubt there are after-market windshields for a this -so the mobile glass service will have to go to Keystone or Trekwood to buy the new glass. This is where you should be able to find local glass companies that can do the job.

To give you a ballpark estimate for the job…
Glass from Trekwood- ~$1200
Shipping -$500
Hopefully the gasket can be reused
Probably takes a couple of tubes of urethane sealant
New decal? Hopefully someone here can provide links to graphics suppliers.
Labor ? This looks like a two man job to me due to the weight of the glass and the angle/slope of the install. If it takes (say) 2-4 hours at $150 per man per hour…install could run $600 to $1200.

Good luck with your search. Please come back and update the forum when you get the work done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1829.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	17155  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:14 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I have a friend with a cracked front windshield. The local auto glass person dealer in Lake Havasu City said no problem the glass is readily available. So it may not be a big problem to get a replacement.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote