Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum

Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum (https://www.montanaowners.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Medic (https://www.montanaowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Drug Plans for Full Timing (https://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60741)

Sharon Williamson 10-06-2014 01:45 PM

Drug Plans for Full Timing

Does anyone have a recommendation for a drug plan that can be used nationwide? Thought I had that covered with Humana Walmart, but for the plan we have, must live in Ohio.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

K0LCB 10-06-2014 02:30 PM

We use Express Scripts

JandC 10-06-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Sharon Williamson

Does anyone have a recommendation for a drug plan that can be used nationwide? Thought I had that covered with Humana Walmart, but for the plan we have, must live in Ohio.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
We use PrimeMail and get 3 month supply at a time. They will mail it to whatever address you want for each bag of refills. These types of issues was why we use our son's address for our home address instead of changing it through a mail service that may have been out of state for us.

DQDick 10-06-2014 05:11 PM

We use the Human/Walmart all over the country with no problems, but it's not thru an HMO, it's through medicare.

bigskyjimmy 10-06-2014 07:54 PM

When you area fulltimer you got to have a PPO, we have Medicare advantage Humana PPO and have been in 7 states so far and no problem BUT... for a controlled substance A.K.A pain killers can be a problem across state lines that is when I use a family member as my address and she mails them to me VIA USPS general delivery wherever city I am in

Sharon Williamson 11-08-2014 03:30 AM

Thanks to all who offered suggestions Checking into them now.

JandC 11-08-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

When you area fulltimer you got to have a PPO, we have Medicare advantage Humana PPO and have been in 7 states so far and no problem BUT... for a controlled substance A.K.A pain killers can be a problem across state lines that is when I use a family member as my address and she mails them to me VIA USPS general delivery wherever city I am in
We have an HMO, the DW hit Medicare for her primary and I am not there yet. So far we have timed everything perfectly and get all of our medical issues out of the way while back in our original home area.

But we have been probably lucky in that nothing has gone wrong while on the road. We will look into switching in the next year or so.

1retired06 11-08-2014 02:40 PM

Express Scripts for us, using tricare for life.

Mynabird 11-08-2014 03:43 PM

We have Medicare and a supplement. Before drawing Medicare we did the same thing,,, take our prescriptions to Walgreen's and get filled. I get 3 months at a time.

Hubby is a bit different and the insurance will only give him 3-4 weeks on his inhalers. Even though we have a mail service in SD and we could have our mail shipped ASAP...we prefer to go to Walgreens ourselves. ;). (I guess we are independent like that!) [:I]

WeBeFulltime 11-08-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by 1retired06

Express Scripts for us, using tricare for life.
Same here.

lawrenceb42106 11-09-2014 12:40 AM

Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage PPO for us. Works good for traveling.