Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum

Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum (https://www.montanaowners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Internet & Cell Phones (https://www.montanaowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Good Morning America! (https://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90661)

DutchmenSport 02-22-2024 06:48 AM

Good Morning America!

Wife got the message on her work phone that AT&T system is down nationwide. Now appearing on the news, it's ALL phone carriers. Texting is not working either. But, strange .... cell phone internet is still working with AT&T and Verizon and Visible so far. Anyway, it's a nation wide outage all carriers according to the latest news flash alerts. Internet still works, but my wife's job is dependent on receiving a secure code on her phone in order to log into her company laptop, and that isn't working. I guess we just stepped back in time to pre cell phone days. However, does anyone still have an old fashioned rotary phone land line? Are there any telephone booths anywhere in the country?

Well, Good Morning America! This is what happens when ALL apples are put into one basket! Technology CAN and DOES fail.

(I don't understand how my wife's phone receives messages via her company, but she gets alerts, I think it's because it's a permanent connection to her company email system). I still don't understand how that one works!

brycesteiner 02-22-2024 07:13 AM

I don't think it's effecting T-Mobile or iMessage as my messages are working fine.

mlh 02-22-2024 08:28 AM

One of the guys in the shop’s phone isn’t working here in western Va.
Lynwood

Foldbak 02-22-2024 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
According to AT&T Down Detector

mlh 02-22-2024 03:08 PM

I’m reading it probably was a solar flare or CME.
Lynwood

Daryles 02-22-2024 04:27 PM

I read somewhere it was Chinese hack.
I guess we will find out next week?
Or maybe never?

Foldbak 02-22-2024 06:22 PM

Well OK then. Could you imagine the chaos if someone were to take out our internet/cell infrastructure :eek: I don't even have a land line.

AZ Traveler 02-22-2024 07:24 PM

Its nice not having the phone ring.

RMcNeal 02-23-2024 03:30 AM

A little late now as it appears everything is back up and running, but if you haven't setup Wifi Calling on your device yet, you should probably do so while it is working. My wife had not set it up on her phone and was unable to during the outage. I had, so mine worked fine over Wifi.

Jay & Bobbie 02-23-2024 08:18 AM

Our service was not affected.
We are proud to say over half of our lives were without cell phones. So other than our children freaking out, we are good no matter what happens.

GregN 02-23-2024 09:04 AM

It was an AT&T software update malfunction. The users of Verizon were reporting their cell service was out, but they determined that they were trying to get in touch with someone that had AT&T and the calls were not going through.

jimcol 02-23-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchmenSport (Post 1288577)

Well, Good Morning America! This is what happens when ALL apples are put into one basket! Technology CAN and DOES fail.

All the apples are not really in one basket. Many cell phone providers run their own networks. AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are probably the 3 biggest. Many of the smaller cellular providers do lease space off the big 3.