Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2024, 09:46 AM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Food at your campsite?

I saw this article: Click here DIY RV on the bottom of the Keystone Forum and it prodded a memory.

We visited a private campground in Indiana a few times called, Cornerstone Retreat and Campground, near New Castle, Indiana. IClick here. This is a private owned campground, family run, and has an excellent reputation. They have a combination of seasonal and transient campsites. It use to be a KOA many, many, many years ago. The owners have done a lot and it's a actually a popular campground.

The thing that grabbed my attention about the "hot dog" article above was remembering that Cornerstone campground had their kitchen in the campground. Their specialty was "pizza". You could call their number and have a pizza delivered right to your camper door. It was cooked right on the campground. It was kind of a novel idea and we really enjoyed that feature.

So the article above and the memory prodded me? Where else have you folks camped at that provided food right at the campground, even possibly delivered to your camper door?

We've been in some Indiana State Parks in the past that had some food service, usually at the swimming areas, but nothing at the campgrounds themselves.

So, anyone want to share your experiences?

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 10:26 AM   #2
FloridaFiver
Established Member

M.O.C. #26158
Big Texan RV Resort in Amarillo
They own the famous stake house there not far from the RV Park

They will deliver anything off the menu to the park guests at their campsite

They will also carry you up to the steakhouse and back in there free limos if you want to eat out

We enjoyed it there a great deal
FloridaFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 12:27 PM   #3
Cbrez
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28306
Alpen Rose RV Park about 5 miles outside of Durango used to make pizzas. We were there in 2020 and I don’t remember if they delivered. I don’t see any mention of it on their website so I can’t vouch that they still do pizzas. That RV park has the largest bark park I’ve ever seen. Probably used to be a livestock pasture.

Also the 2023 Great Lakes Regional Rally was held at Rippling River Resort in Marquette. They have a beautiful deck overlooking a brook that runs behind a small restaurant. Great brick oven pizza cooked on site with cold beverages to wash it down. Bands played on the deck and local families stopped in frequently. GLCC was great fun
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:29 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The Verde Ranch RV Resort in Camp Verde, AZ (the location of the recent WRSR) has a number of food trucks that visit. The wood fired pizza was a big hit.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 08:10 PM   #5
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
The KOA at Santee, SC makes pizzas. Creekfire RV resort in Savannah, GA has a restaurant on site overlooking the lake and an outdoor bar by the pool and lazy river, and Upriver RV Resort near Ft Myers has 1 or 2 food trucks each week, at least during the winter, and we are particularly fond of the Nickel City Red Hots food truck, owned and run by a former resident of western NY. They serve a pretty good beef on weck!
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 02:36 AM   #6
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
The KOA at Point South in South Carolina, (I-95 @ exit 33, Yemassee) has Pizza and Wings. They also do a wine tasting at the bar most nights if you're into that. Very popular place to stop. We usually stop there on our first leg to/from West Virginia as it is about 4 hours from home.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 01:18 PM   #7
dmc101352
Established Member

M.O.C. #25770
There is a KOA outside Memphis, maybe called West Memphis, that cooks and delivers BBQ at the campground. Several options are available, and it is pretty tasty!
dmc101352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 03:16 PM   #8
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Talking

In 201, we were on the East coast In September or October and we stayed at a campground in Bath, Maine I think?? The campground was horrible, uneven, rocky and a bad hookup, BUT they had LOBSTER dinner yo could purchase. For two of the nights we had lobster! It was great.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote