View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Water system care

I tried searching, but didn't get the results I was looking for...so if this is a rehash please provide a link so I can find it.

I know some of you are fulltimers, use water softeners, filters, and the like.
My wife and myself are lucky to get out a couple times a month. She's an RN and works every other weekend, so we are limited right now.

I am concerned about the health of my water system. We normally bring bottled drinking water, but I feel I should be able to properly setup and maintain the water system so we can consume onboard water, or water supplied by a campground (with the proper filtering of course).
I am not so concerned about onboard water as I know where it comes from (at this time). I am told not to carbon filter that water in the tank as it removes chlorine and that will promote algae growth.

Presently, we operate with a sediment filter for a campground connection, and the kitchen sink has a Pure water filter, followed by another Pure pitcher filter for drinking. I have recently added a carbon filter after the sediment filter outside for campground hookups.
These filters are a concern to me, not for what they can do, but because of what happens to them inbetween trips...I.E. drying out, not drying out and getting nasty, etc.

Can you guys please direct me to a safe method of caring for these water systems? Much thanks to those that offer to help...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote