View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Hitches that fit the Bedsaver?

I am trying to figure out what hitch to get to pull my Big Sky. I have a long bed Ford so don't need a slider. I want to get a hitch that will go with a Bedsaver, and that is creating problems for me.

The Big Sky has a GVWR of 16,100#, so I was trying to go with an 18K hitch for a safety margin. Turns out the only 18K hitches that can take a Bedsaver are some of the 18K Reese/Draw-tite/Hidden Hitch hitches--but it's unclear which ones. The Bedsaver Application Guide says that the Bedsaver fits the following non-slider Reese hitches--15K "Pro Series", 14K, 15K and 16K "Classic" hitches, and something just labeled "18K, 20K and 22K "hitches." But I can't determine just what those 18K hitches are.

The two Blue Ox people I talked to didn't know which series of Reese hitches were the 18K hitches their Bedsavers fit and suggested I call the Reese people, which I did. The Reese people tell me that the "Select" series has replaced the "Classic" series but couldn't tell me if the Select series 18K hitch is the one that can take the Bedsaver. Color me puzzled!!

I'm guessing that the Reese/Draw-Tite Select series is the one that fits the Bedsaver and that if the 15K or 16K Select hitches can handle the Bedsaver that the 18K Select series can also handle the Bedsaver, but I'd like to find out if anyone has a Bedsaver attached to a 15K or 16K Reese/Draw-Tite Select series hitch. If so, do they go together OK?
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote