Thread: MEXICO
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 AM   #24
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Ok Dave. We found Rodeo Drive and Rosie's Restaurant. We have to go back to Rosie's again because we were too full to eat. This is the cheapest shopping trip I have ever had on Rodeo Drive (I will be adding pictures later to our blog). Our only purchase was a T-Shirt that has a guy in a hammock between two palm trees that says WILL NOT WORK FOR ANYTHING. Now I have to go take a shower, wash my hair, clean my shoes, Scrub my feet. You get the picture. We stopped at the grocery store on our way back but wound up just looking. Sunday is not a good day to go. The locals do all their shopping today and the lines were brutal. Will try again tomorrow.

Dennis, I think the construction has doubled since you were here. The entire Sand Beach has one Condo after another. The local paper has big stories on President Fox coming here to inspect all the goings on etc. Seems it used to be that you could buy a unit but had to lease the land from Mexico so you stood a chance to lose everything. Now the Americans can buy up the land and have the Mexicans do the work and it can be sold without restrictions. The unit I took the picture of where we went for Happy hour last night has sold 760 Seaside Condos in the last 24 months. It is on a 18 hole golf course and start at $200,000.00. This continues on and on all the way between Bonita RV and the Reef so you know what I mean when I say there might not be RV Parks for long. The Condo's bring in so much more for the same space. SAD. but TRUE. Most of the people we told to have been coming here for 10-20 years and tell us of all the changes. While it still is quite primitive a little ways back from the beach area, there is Ultra Modern American Places and roads here.

Thanks to everyone for the E-mails and PM's but if we stayed here for another month we could not try all the food that everybody is telling us about. But I promise you, WE WILL TRY. Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote