Thread: Huh?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Huh?

Life is not easy for the hearing impaired, me being a few watts short of a full Volt does not help much. Having a short fuse helps even less.
When Sue is with me, all goes well, as she explains that the guy wasn't calling me obscene names, as I thought, when conversing with people.
Things get interesting when I order food, for instance. This afternoon, I stopped at Pepi's to get an early dinner.... (at our age this is not early, IMHO) anyway, the cute little Mexican girl was trying to help me with the order, Sue likes Chicken Burritos, (Polo) See, I do pay attention... anyway, I wanted beans and rice with her order for a dinner deal, after me saying Pardon? and What? a few times, not understanding a word of the English-Spanish she was talking, I smiled and said yes....
I ended up with 3 Enchiladas and beans and rice, she just got the Burrito Polo... No biggie, I shared the B & R with her.
A far better outcome than the time I was in a noisy bar with my buddy and business partner, we were walking past the pay-phones, a lady was messing with her make-up and about to dial the phone and speak to someone, she said something to my business partner, I (thought) she said I won't hear the conversation. I said "Good luck lady!" She actually said something about make-up and looking younger... My buddy still can't stop laughing when he thanks of that deal.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote