View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
jackson47

M.O.C. #11720
Do Not buy Montana High Country 343 RL

Hi Everyone,

Just got off phone with Keystone Customer Service with a technician on the line.
My issue is with a brand new purchased in June '11 343 RL High Country. After purchasing I noticed on drive home from TX to NV that the trailer listed to one side (driverside). It has been to two different repairshops for measurements. None of which have measured the area I believe is causing the problem. I have measured over the axle side to side and the listing side is 7/8" to 1" lower from frame to top of axle. Since I have the trailer in my possession, I crawled under trailer to check measurements again trailer frame to axle and frame to ground. Frame to ground measurement is slightly different 7/8" vs 5/8" might be the contour of concrete pad. I also noticed that the vapor barrier was abraided and bare wood was showing above one of the tires on the driverside. I could not find any other damage above the other tires. I have driven this trailer 2,100. I have continuely told Keystone Rep it's the springs. This unit has three slides on driverside and large livingroom slide on entry side. Having weighed the trailer to get side to side weights, I found the driverside to weight 880 pounds more over the axles on that side.

The High Country is a light weight Montana. Gross weight is 12,500 with 5200 pound axles. Empty pin weight of 1,740, delivery weight of just under 10,000 pounds.

Keystone's response to my concern was all of their measurements were within specs. I told them about the wear above the tire. They said take it back to a Keystone service center. I asked if they were okay with the tire wearing a hole in the vapor barrier. They only replied that the trailer met spec. I asked them to confirm that the number one rated trailer company was okay with my concerns that the trailer and tire are rubbing. Their response trailer checked out but you can take it back to a Keystone repair center.

This trailer has been at a repair facility off and on for just over three months. I am so tired of this issue.

Bottom line. BEAWARE OF THE HIGH COUNTRY 343 RL.
jackson47 is offline   Reply With Quote