Thread: Roof Problems
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
Roof Problems

So, first ever letter to Trailer Life Action Line. When unit was 4 months old, staple tried to come up through roof membrane. Dealer repaired under warranty. Now, unit is slightly over 2yrs old, and staple trying to poke through roof in same area again. Not the same staple, about 2 feet away from prior occurrence. This time, dealer says tough luck-$750 to fix. I call Keystone, since I think a reoccurrence of same problem, in same area, and both caused by shoddy construction, should be covered as a warranty issue. Dealer also appeals to Keystone -so they tell me - request denied. I also think $750 is ridiculous, but thought purchasing dealer would give me best shot of getting it repaired under warranty. My extended warranty does not cover this type of event.

I know warranties have a beginning and an end, but this has nothing to do with wear and tear or how I use the trailer. It is solely the result of improper construction, and had already happened once before. Picked up trailer today -out the $750 - only hope is Trailer Life getting Keystone to reconsider. Will keep you posted. Would be interested if you think I am being unreasonable in my expectations of Keystone.

UPDATE: Keystone called today and agreed to cover the repair under warranty, and will reimburse me the full $750 bucks! My faith in Keystone's commitment to excellent customer service has been restored!