Thread: Montana Axles
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #9
BUBBA-NONNIE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19549
I recently purchased a new Montana and it was suggested that I might want to get the axles and the wheel alignment checked. After I drove the trailer home, which was about 130 miles. When I got home I had a reputable axle shop to check the axles alignment to make sure everything was square and true. The shop foreman informed me that the axles were not aligned properly and could have even been damaged, and he refused to work on the axles because he was afraid the warranty would be voided. I took the trailer back to the dealer for repair. Currently I am being told by the dealer's service department that the axles and alignment are excluded from the warranty in the owner's manual per Keystone, and the measurements are ok, but Keystone is willing to send two more axles. The axles in question will be sent back to Keystone to verify condition. If they find there is no problem with the axles, then I have to pay for the new axles and the installation. I need some advice on how to handle this. Please help if you can. I paid a bundle for this trailer and have not got to use it yet!!
BUBBA-NONNIE is offline   Reply With Quote