View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #20
Aviator

M.O.C. #11487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackel1959 View Post
The Landing Gear and Stabilizers only working with the remote control and not with the outside manual switches has been a topic of discussion here lately. When ours stopped working "zman08" directed me to a post that solved our problem. It involved removing the ground for the manual switches from the remote receiver and grounding it to the chassis. Apparently there is a "failsafe" circuit to keep the user from using the remote switches and the manual switches at the same time. The connections on the receiver in the front compartment only effect the landing gear and stabilizer switches. The failsafe will not provide a ground to the manual switches when the remote system is energized and will sometimes get "locked" in that position. That is what happened to ours. Like I said, I just moved the ground from the receiver to the chassis and everything works again. You can replace the receiver module, but I think Lippert wants around $150-$200 for it and it will probably just fail again. Our rig is out of warranty so this was the best economical fix for us. I have included a couple of photos of where the wires are for the manual switches and where I moved the ground to.

Jack

Manual switch wires "To Manual Switches"

Where the ground was relocated to

Thanks Jack - you're a lifesaver! I have a 2009 Monty 3665re. Yesterday (Jul 19, 2017) the landing gear and rear stabilizers died. All fuses were OK. I couldn't get to the manual negative wire without pulling the entire "brain" so I simply cut the wire midway between the "brain" and the crimped wire nut junction. I used a butt splice, a 1 foot piece of #10 stranded automotive wire (could use #12) and a yellow ring terminal with a 1/4" hole in it to make an extension wire. After crimping the wire ends together with the butt splice, I connected the ring terminal to the existing grounding point above the "brain". Then the acid test - press the manual landing gear switch. WOW! Motor purred like a kitten! Your fix (or someone else that gave you the idea) turned what looked like a very complex problem into a super easy solution. Thanks again.

Aviator Don
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote