View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #24
unclesam
Established Member

M.O.C. #18286
A/C cycles on and off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny and Angie Miller View Post
As an update, I found my return air ducts were both collapsed down to about 1" opening. I cut 1 1/4" pvc pipe into 6" sections and stuck those in there to hold the return duct open. I used aluminum tape to seal the duct/vent transition on the supply side. While doing that I used my phone as a video camera to inspect all the supply ducts, and didnt find any other issues. I did find 2 holes about 6" diameter each in the lower corners of the garage where cold air was pouring out, so I bought some black "great stuff" foam sealant and filled those. While I was there I went ahead and sealed the garage from the 2 propane compartments to prevent mud dobbers/wasps from getting in. I guess I'll surrender the propane compartments to them....Anyone use window screen to cover the large lower opening on the propane compartments?
More on A/c cycle issue, I found this past week end that when the temperature in my RV is within 1 or 2 degrees of the outside temperature, my A/C will cycle 5 or 6 times before it "figures out" what to do: kick compressor on and cool or shut off. If I change the thermostat setting to a lower setting by 3-4 degrees, the unit comes on, operates normally and cools the RV. The trick is to off set the "set temperature" on the thermostat to fool the A/c unit. When the inside temperature is lowered and is different than the outside temperature, everything works as advertised. I haven't had time to get with my dealer and discuss this "magic" with him. Will get back with you when I get an answer.
unclesam is offline   Reply With Quote