View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #8
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAC View Post
Hello everybody !!
We've just arrived at our RV park for a three month stay, come to find out they only have 10 TV channels !! wow , in this day and age ??
Anyhow, we have a Monty with a satellite connection in the, what I will call the base station (where the water connections, valve controls, and TV, cable, sat hookups are outside).
My questions are :
- if I buy a Dish system (or comparable) how do I get different channels on two TV's ?
I am assuming that I hook up the satellite (Dish device) to the satellite connection in the base station (labeled "satellite") and then each TV connects to this cable inside the Monty . . . then
- do I need two receivers, one for each TV? or can one receiver work, or is there a problem with getting t

thanks all !

I may have answered my own question but don't know how I did that ! LOL
I was in the same place as you are, about 6 months ago. I asked and received multible responses, all good advice. All I can tell you is I bought a pathway X2 and 2 dish wally pay as you go satellite receivers on amazon. We just returned from our first trip and are first experence with my new equipment and dish pay as you go satellite customer service.
1'st place we called from was very easy and I chose 200 plus channel pack. It was very simple to get the living room receiver working, I thanked them and was able to activate the bedroom one my self. I'm a complete IDIOT when it comes to what Sat. I'm on are what channel is different then what the bedroom was watching. Bottom line we moved multiple times and over many hundreds of miles, but all on the west coast. If you get an Agent that does not know what "Pay as you go is" (thats the first question to ask) Thank them hang up and call back and get another agent. I never used my SAT. conections, I have an older 2nd owner Monty but I heard it won't work, so I ran 2 50' cables out the windows. One area near the McCloud River we stayed 7 nights surrounded by hugh tall pine trees. It took about 20 minuites and moving the X2 to 2 places.
After a few days the camp host was walking by and asked about my Antenna. Seems he's had a Dish tailgaitor and has had no signal from his all summer?? Bottom line if your simple minded Like Me get the Dish X2 Pathway and 2 wally receivers and get them hooked up through the wall connections, and relax and watch tv.