View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #33
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Three years ago we stayed at the Elwa Dam RV park in Port Angeles WA in our motorhome. Took the Wrangler toad on the Blackball Ferry to Vancouver Is, and stayed two nights in hotels seeing the sights. Took the ferry back hooked up the toad and went on with the trip. Elwa Dam RV Park was great. Spent two nights there and they let me park two nights in the overflow free while we were in Vancouver Is. Even hooked up power for the refer for me and another guy who was doing the same.
Came back and stayed another night before going on.

Last year in late July and all of August we went up from California thru Or and Wa. We went and stayed in Sumas WA for the night for the border crossing in the next morning. Figured it would be a less used crossing and easier. It was. Asked about the time to be in CN and if we had any contraband. Passports and a wave and we were across. My wife was mad as I made her give away her plums and pluots from our garden before the crossing and we were never asked about fruit?

Went up from there thru Vancouver and then to Whistler. Then up to Canada 1 and across to Lake Shuswap. Stayed at the lake for four nights in the overflow area which is closer tho the water than the actual RV area. We stayed in the Tunnel Mountain RV park several nights. Had to go to the overflow area for two nights but it was great as it was out of the general area and right up against the outback where the animals were.

Went from there to Lake Louise, up to Jasper, and had to stay twenty miles north of town in the overflow area. Back down to Banff and then meandered back thru Mt and Id.

Never made a reservation and stayed 80% of the entire trip in boondock camps. Had a wonderful time. It was smokey due to the fires in CN, Mt, and Id.

US customs are more strict than CN. You should make sure any guns you have are preregistered with the US before you try to return with them. I left everything in storage before making the crossing so there were no problems. the US customs have been known to take RV's apart if they think you're not being factual.

Have fun, Canada is beautiful and the people are friendly in BC. Less so in Alberta but then Alberta.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote