View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 07:18 PM   #9
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
So there is signage telling first time visitors to do that?
Let’s be honest here, traffic circles stink even for cars much less large vehicles and any engineer considering one should be fired immediately!!
Yes, I don't care for roundabouts either, but not for the reason of navigability issues so much. I dislike them because there are a lot of clueless/distracted drivers that do not understand/care how they are supposed to work, right-of-way wise.

Those roundabouts are pretty huge if you compare the image to the length of a semi-truck and trailer combo, the curbed outer circle of them look to be about 80 feet in diameter with gently sloped "curb" so you can even roll over them and use the red brick portion to drive over.

Besides, it's a truck stop, and the driveway opening to the truck pumps is about 100 feet wide. There's no way that I would pull in to the first automobile entrance that is about 18 to 20 feet wide, and try to fuel up where the cars do, out in front of the store.

Having said all of that, there probably should be a sign at the entrance, stating that recreational diesel rigs over some certain length should use the truck lanes to fuel up.

Besides, I think that DQDick is just having some fun with the original post about the "situation" that he found himself in, and the "uber-skills" required to extricate himself, so I'll just leave it at that.

p.s. (did I mention that I dislike roundabouts?)

=O)
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote