View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #25
Denny and Angie Miller
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopetes View Post
I can tell you what the problem is with your slide - We had the same issue and on an HC 353. The cable pulley is connected to the wall frame / stud and Keystone did not reinforce the weld. The weld breaks after a few uses and causes the wall to move in and out (like 6 inches) when you run the slide. Our HC 353 was out of warrantee, but we talked to Keystone customer service and as a goodwill gesture (right) they agreed to fix it. That amounted to CW (yes Camping World of Madison WI - and they did a good job) having to remove the slide and get a certified Aluminum welder to reweld and reinforce the stud locations where the cable pulley is attached. We have not had any problem since. Call them and say you know this is a know issue on the HC 353 - especially if you have a residential frig (which is the end of the slide that breaks) PUSH the issue - they need to cover it. There is at least one other thread regarding this same issue on this site. The HC 343 does not seem to have the problem, but it does not have a residential frig. Our was fixed in April 2017 and no issues since.

See this thread - It was mine originally, but others commented on the same issue.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/archive/index.php

RE: you leak - that sounds almost like a roof issue not an AC installation issue.

X2 on the wall studs pulling loose. We bought our 353RL in May 2017, and through this forum learned of the 353RL wall issue. It seems that such a large heavy slide coupled with the weight of a loaded full residential size fridge is more weight pushing/pulling on the wall than the wall construction can handle. We took our unit into the dealer last fall and had them inspect it. They said Keystone considers the amount of movement we were experiencing normal (only about 1/2")...but I already expected that...I didn't think the wall was flexing that much either, but I also didn't think it should flex at all. Now that we are out of warranty, if the full blown broken studs/welds problem develops, I have a record of bringing it in under warranty for that very issue, with the hopes of getting any needed repairs covered at Keystones' expense. However, while having a furnace problem repaired this spring under warranty, I pointed out that a staple is pulling loose from under the rubber roof and looks as if it could poke through at any time. Sadly, Keystone denied the staple issue under warranty claiming it's "not a manufacturing defect"...Rather than argue about it, I decided to just repair it myself. When I climbed back on the roof ready to repair the problem, I found that several other staples were beginning to pull loose as well. I repaired those as well and have been meaning to call Keystone and give them an earful, but have not done so yet.
Denny and Angie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote