View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 12:16 AM   #7
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fulltimedreamer

JP,

Here are acouple of links I had saved in my favorites regarding the various battery requirements. I am looking for another link I had that discussed charging requirements for the various battery types. If I locate I will post it. I remember reading that the AGM has very specific requirements that prevent it from boiling and off-gassing which is important since they are typically used in enclosed areas.

Anyway, here are the links I have found so far:

http://www.eastpenn-deka.com/products/pdfs/1081.pdf

http://www.phrannie.org/battery.html
Thanks for the Links, they make for very intersting reading...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by firetrucker

As I remember, the Honda is limited to about 8 amps of charging current and doesn't have any tapered charge capability. I think you would be much better off buying an ac charger that will suit the particular batteries you get, plus will charge at a much higher rate, if necessary.

Bob
It appears I'll have to do some more research on the Honda's 12V Output capabilities...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

jpbcny: Why don't you go with one 12V Lifeline AGM battery? A little more expensive than the golf cart batteries but will last a lot longer. My solar panel installer told me he would install golf cart batteries if I insisted but he recommended the 12V Lifeline batteries. Incidentally, he has about 300 acres down in Lake City, FL that is all powered by solar.
Orv
The reason for using 6V G.C. batteries would be to have batteries, that are designed for extreme industrial/commercial usage, with increased amphere hour ratings that a single 12V Marine/Deep Cycle Battery can't match, and you can buy a battery box that is capable of holding both batteries in a single enclosure...

As I've only had the 2006 Mountaineer 329RLS a short time, I don't even know what type of converter I have, and whether it capable of installing different charging modules. Well it seems I have a lot of research to finish before committing to any purchase, fortunately I don't have a Boondocking trip planned until August, which gives plenty of time...

Thanks again for all the responses, and valuable information

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote