View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #15
Bierp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt Earp View Post
That switch also allows one to adjust the cooling. Could it be something as simple as moving the switch up or down the fin?
The thermistor (inside the fridge) can be adjusted by movement on the fins, but this piece is external and is screwed directly into the fin, so it can't be moved.

I did replace mine the other day. I appeared to be getting 12v on one side and nothing on the other, which indicated to me that either the switch wasn't open or it wasn't working. Considering the heat coming from that area, I figured it was the 2nd option.

Replacing it, however, didn't do peep, which was a bummer. I haven't seen the fans kick on at all in weeks and I've really only ever seen them on once. I haven't actually checked the temperature on the fins, but this seems to be a big part of my problem.

I've ordered an infrared thermometer so I can confirm the fin temps, but in the meantime I'm open for what else to check to make these silly things kick on. I'm thinking of bypassing the thermal switch entirely just to see if the fans kick on, but I don't have a piece handy to do it yet, and, you know, it's Labor Day weekend.