View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 07:23 AM   #10
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
Either can be very effective if correctly installed with equipment sized to fit your needs. The battery banks and inverter size is dependent upon your usage. Living in the east with most dry camping opportunities being in heavily wooded national forest land, we chose the generator route. If we lived in the west with more open areas I'm sure I would have solar with small genny back up.

For your sanity and those camping around you, think of the genny as a means to charge your batteries not constantly power the unit for watching TV etc... You will need the same battery packs and inverter for either system, your just using a different charging system. Spend the extra money for a quiet inverter generator.

Waste water management starts with the amount you put in those tanks. You need to change the way you use water. Use much less when showering, washing dishes and even using the restroom. This is also user dependent including size of holding tanks and how long you intend to be staying. Wife and I have often stayed for 10 to 12 days without dumping an ounce in our Wildcat. We're hoping to do the same in the new Montana but it has smaller tanks.
Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote