View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #12
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
I have an Onan generator and 200 watts solar with 4 six volt batteries, 1200 watt inverter. We usually boondock at Walmarts in transit to our destination. If we need to run the AC, microwave, or coffee maker generator is only option. I find that the solar/battery setup provides enough to run satellite dish, 43 or 24 inch flatscreen, lighting, and heater for a night. 200 watts is enough to charge batteries during day when traveling. I fished extension cords from inverter to entrainment center and bedrooom TV. When boondocking, unplug power strip from shore power outlet to extension cord outlet. Also installed old fashioned 12 hour mechanical timer on inverter (it doesn't draw any additional power to operate). Set it to go off after TV puts us to sleep so inverter shuts down and stops drawing current during the night.

The longest we've boondocked is 4 nights. The bathroom grey tank is usually full by that time. Black and galley tanks gets to 40% during that time. Installed Seelevel gauge, so it's fairly accurate. In preparation for longer boondocking, I installed a 12 volt water pump and abs drain clean out on grey tank. Put suction tube through clean out to bottom of grey tank (Installed filter and fishing weight on that end). I can transfer grey water to either black tank (using rinse connection to black tank) or route pump output tube through window to kitchen sink (galley grey tank).
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote