View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Harleypilot2005

M.O.C. #19541
Samsung residential fridge issues

We've got a 2 year old 3791 RD (2017 bought in 2016) with the Samsung French door refer (model RF18HFENBSP). It has worked flawlessly for 2 years. We are weekend warriors and camp about 30 weekends a year so it gets drug up and down the road a pretty good bit. It is stored unplugged and "off" in a storage lot when not in use (I know this isn't ideal). We've run it on shore power, generators, and while towing (via the on board inverter) and it has performed flawlessly in all situations.
This weekend however, it inexplicably just stopped cooling. It worked great 2 weeks agonists no warning of pending failure. When on, the interior lights work, it "sounds" like it's running, the ice maker can be test cycled (obviously just dumps water not ice). Both the fridge and the freezer have stopped cooling. Oddly enough, the blue digital compartment indicator shows 71 in freezer and 63 in refer. These are the temp readings, NOT settings. I have it set to -2 in the freezer, and 38 in the refer (default settings).
Does anybody have any knowledge or experience with these fridges or issues like this? They only carry a 1 year warranty so likely will not have either Camping World or Samsung stand behind it anymore since both have TERRIBLENESS reputations. A new replacement costs $1250.00 at Lowes. No idea what repair costs could be, so would like to troubleshoot first myself. Thank you in advance.
Harleypilot2005 is offline   Reply With Quote