View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Questions That First Timers Ask

For all of you out there that are attending your first rally, you probably have lots of questions. First and foremost, signing up is only the first step. As the rally schedule gets finalized, there will be a request for coordinators. The best way to get the most out of the rally is to get involved. You will meet more people, make more friends and connections. No experience necessary. Each coordinator will be looking for assistants. Don’t feel like being a coordinator, be an assistant. As for activities, there are three types for the most part - meals, tours and seminars. I have never heard of anyone coming to Rally and going home hungry. To know how many are coming, usually meals and tours require you to sign up for them. Seminars are usually open. So, don’t register and figure you’ll just show up. You need to watch for signups, as some are limited to a certain number of people. Signups will be posted as the activity is finalized. Many activities require the commitment of Keystone’s vendors and they may not be able to schedule until a month before rally. Be patient. We have been to a few of these Rallies and you will get out of it what you put into it. Site assignments is the one item that everyone is always interested in - where will I be and who will I be near? Well, my experience has been that outside of handicap considerations, being involved in activities is usually taken into consideration for site assignments. Also, the tendency is to put first timers near veteran rally attendees. I hope this helps answer some questions for our first time attendees. We were all first timers at one point. Looking forward to meeting new friends.
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote