View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 07:19 PM   #13
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
The flooring is off the roll at Menard's, it is not a match for the original. It bothers me, but I'm getting over it. Home Depot will also have it if you don't have Menard's. I'll look to see if we still have the receipt to give you the exact name. We decided to go with the mismatch rather than the original because the one we chose is padded and softer where the original is thin and quite stiff. That would be a problem with the overlap.

This was a DIY project, so we did take out the carpet ourselves. There weren't nearly as many staples holding it down as I though, so crawling around with a pliers after pulling it up wasn't that awful. We did have to lay on the floor and cut carpet out from under the table base so that the vinyl could be squeezed under. We used the carpet laid over the vinyl on the garage floor as a template and cut with a utility knife. Double sided tape holds it in place. We did put matching baseboard around the exposed edges. All in all, we did it in an afternoon with minimal cussing.

-Maureen
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote