View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #10
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I think the answer to your question depends more on how you use your RV than what kind of refrigerator is actually better.

If you don't boondock I would suggest that a residential fridge is by far the best choice and you will get a lot more fridge for your dollar. Plus you can replace it extremely easily at any big box store.

But if you do boondock, then an RV dual fuel style fridge is about the only way to go.

Since we are full time in one location for the next several years it wasn't even a question it is residential all the way and I am very happy with that choice. Even when we were weekend warriors the residential was still our preference as we always stayed where there was power except during transit. The residential will keep food cold for quite a while even without power IF you don't open the door on them. Most especially if you freeze some water bottles and leave them in it.

In fact, we would be happy with a totally electric camper (IE: no butane or 12volt) if they made such a beast and the electric could heat the unit on 50amp service. I suspect we will in fact start seeing totally AC electric units on the market before to long. They would be less expensive for sure and easier to maintain. And to be honest I can't think of a good reason to have anything else if you never boondock......
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote