View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 06:24 AM   #15
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I can not believe this but our camper is back at SunCoast yet again! We got it back used it for one weekend and parked it on the side of the house. We had rain and my husband went out to check the unit and make sure that there was no water in the camper and sure enough it was soaked again!
I called Keystone and at first they did not sound like they were going to be much help but when I explained that this leak has been going on for a while now and that I have a son who is allergic to mold and my concerns for his health they scheduled another service appt.
So now the camper is back down at SunCoast and the nightmare begins again. They sprayed water all over the darn thing but have been unable to determine the cause of the leak. They told us there has been extensive water damage and all the facia around the slide needs to be replaced and some of the boards in the bedroom. I believe the bathroom floor has damage as well since it never creaked but now it does
Suncoast told us when we called to check on the progress of the repairs that they were now waiting for natural rain. LOL Natural rain? Here in FLORIDA in the month of March? Looks like we will be waiting indefinetly for our camper to be repaired!
We bought this unit New Years Eve 2005 and since then it has been in for service almost 1/2 that time for one thing or another. Maybe not half that time but close to it and that is just not acceptable. We are paying for a unit we can not use.
I am so upset. The camper we traded in for the Mountaineer never had a single problem. Any problem we ever had was caused by us other than one single small problem. When we did have to bring it in for service it was in and out in a short period of time - never more than two weeks in service. The amount of time this Mountaineer has been in service is pitiful!!!!
So now what? What do we do now? I am thinking it is time to get a lawyer. This is just bad business.
I know every manufacturer has its own problems. Keystone is not the only mfg out there that has issues and I know that there are many happy campers out there in Keystone products but I am not one of them. I traded in a good unit for something that is useless to me.
I have spent the better part of the time I have owned a Keystone product without a camper.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote