View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 06:20 PM   #4
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Our unit has been great! We have only had minor issues with ours in two years and I fixed them all. The info on this forum is fantastic!

1. Some trim inside came loose...nailed it back down.
2. Drivers side exterior bottom sheetmetal skirt popped out of the black trim gasket - we popped it back in (at a Walmart parking lot) and I siliconed it tight...no more issues.
3. Replaced the OEM 50 amp resettable breaker on the hydraulic slide system - upgraded to 80 amp per info gained here on this forum...no more issues.
4. This was my fault - not Keystone's. Turning right into a Cracker Barrell I clipped a high concrete curb and bent the curb-side rear level-up jack. As it turned out - the jack did not bend but the steel mounting bracket bent. I took the jack off and beat the bracket back into position as best I could. Had to use a washer or two on the jack bolts to shim the jack leg perfectly plumb. I still need to do a bit more hammering on the jack shoe to flatten it out a bit more...but everything works as intended...no hydraulic leaks...no permanent damage. I was lucky.
5. My Dish tailgater will not work using the pre-wired coax and splitters. Many threads on the subject here. I have been running my coax thru the nearest window.
6. We were not happy with the OEM "sound bar speakers" so I put in a Bose soundbar from Sams behind the TV. Sounds great now!.
7. I need to take the radio out and unwind the OEM antenna. FM radio is marginal. AM radio is non-existent. We have a good portable radio that we use.
8. The air conditioners work hard to cool the unit on a 100* day at the Texas coast - but we bought one of those dyson skinny/vertical fans and we stay cool enough in the living room while watching TV. We like to sleep COLD and the ac always works well overnight in the summer...so this issue is not an issue for us.
9. I wish this thing would wash and wax itself!

I have been been an RV'r since I was a kid in the 60s (thanks to my Dad). I have never had a perfect unit. Always fixing little things here and there, so nothing on my list seems out of the ordinary. Some folks on the forum have had bad luck and big things have gone wrong...but we have really enjoyed this trailer!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote