Thread: Internet
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 03:17 PM   #11
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We use the hot spot on our phones. We are with AT&T and have an unlimited plan on 3 phones (with an unlimited price tag too!). We both work from home, but needed a secondary internet service, so we beefed up our phones. We use them for internet, streaming, and hot spot, as well as texting and phone service, plus a whole bunch more stuff. We are not full timers, but we use our camper full time at home and at play. Our phones hot spot work well for us. Granted, I didn't have phone reception about 500 feet under the earth when in one of the caves at Mamouth Cave, Kentucky, so the service is limited in some places. But, all of them have dead zones somewhere.

AT&T also has a mobile hot spot device that only does one thing, it provides a hot spot for internet connection. We had it for a while, and realized our phones do the same thing, and we canceled the separate service.

For us, this works. Actually, as I'm typing this post, I am at home and our house internet went dark (probably scheduled maintenance again). So, here we are, driveway camp, and flipped on my phone.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote