View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #10
bjacobs3791RD
Established Member

M.O.C. #25072
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
I have been having the same issue with our 3791RD as well. I removed the faceplates from both thermostats and then reset the units and I thought that fixed it. They worked for a while like they were supposed to, then started the same problem again. I believe it is a problem with the control board(s), but I cannot remember where I read that. Please let us know when/if you find the fix.
Spent two hours with the dealer this morning when I brought the Monty back to them. Service manager, tech, and I sat in there on the phone with Dometic running through all the BS recommendations they were throwing out and we're still stumped. The freeze sensors were replaced last week when the new control boards and new thermostats were put on. One recommendation from them was the wiring between the thermostat and the unit up top. The wires that connect everything are solid core and not stranded for some damn reason, these rigs are moving and flexing going down the road. They suggested that there might be a break or a bad spot, but if that was the case it's highly unlikely that both units would be doing the same thing, and when it does act up, turning it off then back on fixes is every time.

We're still scratching our head on this..

Robert- Out of curiosity, where was yours when it acted up? Were you plugged into 50amp?
bjacobs3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote