View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome, and congrats on your new purchase.

Remember about 18 or 19 years ago, shortly after the September 11 tragedy, our country went nuts and things changed forever? One thing that happened was the cost of fuel. Gasoline and diesel prices went crazy for about 3 years, and in all reality, tourism and travel took a horrible blow, almost a standstill compared to the activity just a few months earlier. Folks just quit traveling long distances for fear of skyrocketing prices, and the focus was .... food first ... food second .... food third ... travel nill, and bills last or not at all. It was crazy. The RV industry took a big hit, just crazy.

We were caught up in all that too, finding ourselves scared to pieces to travel. And it was THEN an idea was born, and it absolutely changed my lifestyle, especially when it came to RV travel and camping.

Somehow, it hit me... folks come from all over the world to visit Indiana State Parks and attractions. These are the very things I grew up with all my life. I thought to myself, why do people come from great distances to see what's in my back yard, and why do I travel to see what's in theirs? I realized then that something must be attracting visitors to enjoy Indiana. What is it?

So we decided if travel was too expensive and risky, we'd just stay closer to home and look at our "back yard" through new eyes. We then made a commitment to camp in every State Park and State Recreation Area in Indiana and look at each park as if we were total strangers.

It took us about 6 years, but we finally did it. And I my life was opened to some of the most fantastic experiences we ever had. And ever since, even when we return to the same familiar back-yard, we always try to find that little hidden gem we'd not seen before.

Millions of people travel to see Lake Tahoe every year. I REALLY hope with your new camper you also are able to see the wonders that is hiding in your own back yard too!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote