View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 07:50 AM   #5
Lakelife
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25287
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
So in my case I originally went this route for our dog. As you are aware the Magnum AGS has multiple startup criteria options. In our case I set it to auto strut on temperature inside the coach. It is configured to start 1F above the thermostat temp for the AC set point. Since installing solar and lithium we don’t use the generator in the same fashion. It does work and works well I using temp. I can address the other startup criteria. If you are using a BMK I am experiencing some differences between the BMK parameters and my ARC-50 parameters.

I've also looked into this option. We have a 2020 Legacy 3813ms with the small solar flex package, 265w panel with 5 inverted outlets. We've thought about adding autostart to ours for boondocking but not for running the AC so much as to recharge the batteries if they ever get drawn too low and the solar can't keep up. The option to run the AC's is also intriguing though. We haven't gone Lithium yet but are thinking of doing so, probably 200ah. A couple of questions what did you find your solar/lithium needs to be? I know it's different for everyone but just wondering. Secondly, how much has the autostart impacted your ability to explore different areas. Lastly is it reliable in your experience?
Lakelife is offline   Reply With Quote