View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 09:04 AM   #14
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
We are looking to purchase our first Montana, and interested in solar... but not sure if I want to go to the regular (1x 265 watt) or the Super Solar package. Good info in this thread...
We have a local guy who is knowledgeable and has done solar for us on other units, but here are observations and questions about aftermarket...
-the built in solar prep wiring is 10 guage; this seems to be true for all 2021 Montana's, but is not adequate for the 1000 watts + of the super solar package... so, do they upgrade the wiring in the super solar package? There is often no real easy way to re-run heavier wire into existing "solar prep" areas.
-having all of the outlets wired to the inverter, along with the power management seems tough to replicate after market... for example, some have said that if you have the AC on and run the microwave, it may beep so that you turn off the AC then run the microwave, instead of burning something up; will that be normal with aftermarket?

We live about 5-6 months per year in our 5th wheel, but boondock only part of that; a week or 2 here, a week there, etc. So, while I think that the Super Solar package is very interesting, I am likely more interested in the regular solar. I will look for threads about that one...

Thanks,
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote