View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 10:16 PM   #20
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyj571 View Post
Are the new Flo-thru worth it or get non-flo
If I had to do it again I would go with the non flow thru (cap) sensors. TST now requires metal valve stem if you use the flow thru sensors. I found out the hard way. I bought my system, with the flow thru sensors, about 6 years ago. There was no mention about needing metal valve stems. So I put them on my truck with the factory rubber valve stems.
About a month later I got a flat on one of my inside rear wheels (Dually). The weight of the flow thru sensor shaking around on the rubber valve stem caused it to tear at the base of the stem where it goes into the rim. I called TST and told them what happened. Back then they only suggested that I should use metal valve stems with the flow thru's ( Now it's a requirement). So I replaced all my rubber valve stems with metal ones. It was a PITA because my truck had the polished aluminum wheels and I had to do some research and trial and error to find the right stem with the correct angle for each wheel..
Get the non flow thru's because I'm betting you have rubber valve stems on your vehicle and it's not worth the cost and hassle to change them.