View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 05:54 PM   #12
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLightning View Post
Check the Tire and Loading Information sticker on the driver's door frame. It will give you the actual carrying capacity of the truck. The majority of Montana's will be over the truck's load capacity with a 2500 series truck. It will pull anything, but can't carry the weight.
This will be correct. From memory reading the sticker; that truck has about 3300 payload, the trailer is 16k gvw. Even if you don't fully load the trailer to gvw I can't imagine buying that large of a trailer and putting a bedroll and loaf of bread in it. It will have stuff....lots of stuff. Never seen one that didn't unless it was a smaller trailer used for jaunts like going deer hunting or a fishing trip, and even then...lots of stuff.

IMO you need either a bigger truck for the 3120 but since you just bought the 2500 I would be looking at a smaller/lighter trailer. As I've always said; either buy the truck and trailer to complement each other. If not, whichever one you own dictates what you get in the other (truck/rv) if you try to be safe.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote