View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #8
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Lots of things can contribute to what you describe. How old is the trailer? Tires? Load range? What is the trailer? Truck/year/miles?

If the trailer is "swaying" it could be any number of things in the suspension, overloaded tires, truck not up to controlling the trailer? The SumoSprings could very well be just a bandaid to cover up a more urgent problem.
Good points... issues have been with our current 2018 Jayco Eagle that is just now gone...

There are some stretches of road that just always beat us up. Everywhere else, the truck and trailer combo has been rock solid. Interstate with concrete gaps are no issues. Passing trucks, barely a wobble. But on a rutted up road, at times the trailer starts swaying and doesn't want to stop. Truck is planted firmly but the trailer is doing the heebie jeebies...

Maybe I'm being overly paranoid, and the new rig will be ok... I'm researching for the new Montana 3791RD we have ordered but it won't be here until after freeze up here and I want to be ready for our winter trip south.

BTW, just traded up from a 2016 RAM to a 2020 RAM 3500, srw, cummins...

Good points on whether there are other issues to address before adding "helpers" like the Sumo Springs.

Based on the above issues, any further suggestions? Thanks again,

Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote