View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #18
Camping_Couple

M.O.C. #26279
Exclamation Montana High country Quality control

We purchased a new Montana High Country this summer. We love the unit, but the build quality is lacking. As another said, it seems to be industry wide. My brother also purchased a Jayco 5th, and also has problems. Again, making sure you have a dealer that stands behind you and takes care of issues as they arise is pretty important!
Here is a review I had posted on another forum.

Montana High Country 377FL review
Very nice unit, and we are very happy with it. I do have a few comments, and recommendations.
Exterior appearance is very nice, frameless windows would give a more streamlined appearance.
Interior appearance is also very appealing. Light cabinets, and tasteful accents
Some minor quality issues –

• Free standing dinette
o One chair leg was cracked
o Table support post was cracked, where it attaches to tabletop. This looks as though it came from the factory this way, as it was glued and screwed back together. (Screws fell out, which is how we found this issue.)
o These issues could have happened during transport to dealer, as chair’s and bar stools where not tied down.
• One of the sofa’s was not attached and could slide forward. The L bracket that was used to attach it was installed backwards, not allowing enough screw engagement. Other sofa was the same way.
• Sofa’s are pull out trifold sleepers. When pulled out, each section has different foam density, with the middle section being very soft. No way an adult could sleep on them. It cuts into your back. Totally unacceptable, considering sitting and sleeping are its primary functions.
• Kitchen faucet was plumbed backwards, Hot and Cold swapped.
• Ice maker in Samsung residential refrigerator, has two shut-off valves? One under the sink, and One was hidden behind a panel that needed screws removed to access. No documentation in manual to indicate its location.
• Loft area had a couple of trim staples sticking out. Small kids could have been hurt on this.
• Living area floor, would bellow up from the floor when the Furnace blower was on. On investigation, we found the vinyl flooring was not trimmed fully under the vent, and not taped or sealed by the duct.
• Drawer latches in kitchen where not well aligned. I realigned and adjusted so they function properly.
• Not all switches in control panel are labeled. Adding labels would be helpful.
• Radio would not receive any stations. Found a bad cable adapter between radio and coax. Even when I replaced it, radio reception is horrible with the built-in antenna. I replaced it with a simple dipole, which now allows us to use the radio.
• TV reception is horrible with the built-in omnidirectional antenna.
• Vacuum hose provided with the central vac, would not reach the whole coach. A 30’ hose would work, if the main unit were located at the center. A replacement 40’ fixed the problem
• Black water storage tank. 39 gal is not adequate for this size unit. Other mfg provide at least a 55 gal storage.
• Black water tank above Ύ filled, starts to drip. Not Good. Dealer is handling this next month, and of the things I didn't fix myself, they quickly took care of.
Camping_Couple is offline   Reply With Quote