View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I carry a 3rd - 30 lbs propane tank all the time. I actually use it the most with my Coleman cook stove on the picnic table. But, I also have it for a back-up for cold weather camping when one of the regular propane tanks run empty.

For the last 2 years, I've been transporting it the pass-through. It's right in the middle of everything with folding chairs on one side, and plastic storage bins on the other. I imagine it can wiggle some, but it definitely cannot fall over. I use it every time we camp, and when stowing away, make absolutely sure it's closed tight.

Maybe that is not the best solution, but it works for me. Like you, I have a cover on the bed of my truck and it's already full with 2 portable generators, boards for leveling, blue tote, sewer hoses, floor jacks, ladder, a gigantic orange road construction cone, gasoline, and 2 ramps. Plus the fifth wheel hitch. No room for much else. Attaching it to the rear of the trailer, even though I have a hitch and a flat carrying cage, I'm not hanging anything off this 41 foot behemouth. (too much bouncing back there). So the pass-through has to work for me. I could use the front bay, as it's got holes in the floor and vented better, but it's the dedicated space for other items, like a 35 gallon water tank, firewood and chains.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote