View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 08:55 PM   #14
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Well , oil IS a renewable resource. All those things that decomposed millions of years ago....are still decomposing making other resources...albeit slowly.

I live in the Permian Basin. I watch, live, read and invest in fossil fuels. All gone in 50 years? Don't know where that kind of stuff comes from; maybe 500-5000? All depends on how we approach it.

The current rage for electric and solar as a panacea for all that "bad, bad fossil fuel"? Ain't happening and is ridiculous.. It's just another "salesman" pitch from those that have no idea. How exactly do we generate electricity from wind? How are all those huge structures, turbines, props made? By a "solar" plant? Not hardly. What about those hundreds of acres "solar arrays"? Did they get made from solar or wind? Of course not, they are made from various plastic and glass products derived from....fossil fuels and the transformation of same.

Of course the elephant in the room is HOW do those costly, "new" technologies get into production? How do they help? Well, you won't get a solar array without millions in tax abatements, grants and loans (taxpayer). Infrastructure has to be built to them (thanks taxpayer) and your electrical rates will rise meteorically - to do what? Nothing. Those technologies cannot and do not pay for themselves.

Those that espouse that if we end American life and go back to the stone ages believe it will stop "climate change", all I can say is how arrogant can a human be? It will get colder, it will get hotter (think about the ice age, tropical age with dinosaurs). We are specs in the time continuuam.

Quite a comment of "electric tow vehicles".