View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 02:39 AM   #1
Gertrude
Established Member

M.O.C. #27376
hopefully soon to own a Montana

Hello All,
Thank you for letting me join your forum.

My name is Ron, I live in Mesa, Az, and I may be the new owner of a older (2007) Montana 3600RE soon.

I went to have a look at it today, and liked it very much. I will be talking with the seller again tomorrow, hopefully to work out the details to purchase it.

I joined your forum to see what I can learn about it, and to get your experienced advise on what particular things I might need to check for, look for, and/or be aware of.

The rig appears to be in pretty good shape and well taken care of. It has VERY Little road time/miles on it, as it was basically used as a winter home by the sellers parents who lived in Minnesota and wintered in Arizona.

I am not new to RV's by any means, but I am new to 5th wheels.
I will not be on the road with it anytime soon as I am still working. It will be getting parked in one of the local 55+ communities and I will be living in it full time.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from other owners that might be able to offer some advice on any issues or items that I should be aware of with this particular Model/Year.

I do know it will need new tires on it right away, as they are the original tires on it since it was new, so they are 13 years old !... and can you believe this, they only have about 200 miles on them ! (wow !)
I would like to know what your recommendations are for Brand/Size on replacing these tires. If I do make the purchase of the rig, it will be going directly to the tire shop just a few blocks down the street from the sellers house.

Cheers !
Gertrude is offline   Reply With Quote