View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #7
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosninocanines View Post
Just purchased a 2018 3121 RL and have a few questions the dealer couldn't answer.
1. What does ODS stand for in the leveling system. there are 2 valves/knobs under the electronic board that I need to know what they do.

2. Will I drain the 12 volt system leveling while boondocking?

So happy to finally join the Montana Owners as a real owner.

Mike
Congrats on your new rig!!!!

Your residential refrigerator will deplete your batteries fairly quickly if not plugged in or running a generator.

If you're going to be boondocking you'll probably want to look into a solar setup. Here is what I'm working on.

I've currently got 800 watts of panels on the roof wired in a series of two groups of 48volts to keep everything below the 30A limit of the solar prep. It's all connected to a Renogy Rover 60A MPPT charge controller in the basement. This configuration will run our rig with fridge all day long without breaking a sweat. (I'm not sure how the batteries will hold up overnight so I run the generator when the sun goes down).

The next phase is moving low amp 120V circuits from the power center to a sub panel fed via 30A breaker in the power center or 3000W power inverter powered off lithium batteries via a 30A automatic transfer switch. This will power all of the 120V outlets as well as the fridge and microwave. This is all happening as my budget will allow. The panels and charge controller are the least expensive, the first logical step, and easiest to install.

R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote