View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #34
Pamc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27351
Unhappy What happened with Keystone and Camping World after we found our trailer.

Here is an update on our "lost trailer" post. This is about the responses we had from Keystone and Camping World?
This is the original post:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, we found the trailer! After calling the Keystone Montana factory we received conflicting stories as to where the trailer was. When we went to the dealership here in Grand Rapids, Michigan this past Friday, 3 days ago!@, they told us it had not arrived. Our dealership in Utah was being told that it was on hold waiting for chairs! I finally was able to reach the factory rep for Michigan who said the records showed the trailer had shipped on the 12th! A week ago! He called the dealership and they got on the phone calling the 5 transportation companies to see who shipped it and where it was. We then got a call from our Utah dealership saying the trailer would arrive Monday (yesterday)! In the meantime... Ken had been eyeing a trailer in the dealership lot (we are staying right across the street from it) that looked like it was outfitted with the full solar package we had ordered. The factory had said they don't build very many since it's so new (and expensive!) He thought it odd because the dealership said they had not seen one of the solar units yet! He got out his binoculars to confirm that it was indeed a full solar unit. So, he went over to the lot to look at the trailer and the Vin# matched the Vin# on our contract!!! He went in and told the Sales Manager that our trailer was actually out on the lot! Come to find out, it had been there for a week!!!!! Obviously someone(s) dropped the ball... big time! Those someones better pay for our $100 a day hotel for the past four days!
The good news is that we should be able to move in tonight after they prep and go through all the systems in the trailer. It IS a beautiful trailer! And we are excited to put the full solar to the test! We will be able to run both air conditioners with the solar!
We feel it was divine intervention that we got a hotel room with a view of the lot! ...And that Ken had brought his binoculars! Will send more pictures later. This has been almost as surreal as the Coronavirus. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
*** We had many communications with Keystone...It was really NOT their fault! Except for the "factory rep" telling our Utah salesman it was still waiting for chairs. Still don't know exactly how that one happened. Once a trailer (purchased at Camping World) comes out of the factory, Camping World takes over. They have their own transportation system. That's where the communication failed. The right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. The trailer was shipped to the Michigan dealer but they nor our Utah dealer knew it was shipping. I wrote a letter to Marcus Lemonis, the CEO of Camping World. I got a call from the Corporate office apoligizing for all that happened. BUT, they were NOT willing to reimburse us for the hotel. 😒She didn't even really say very much - nothing like 'we will look at our communication policies.' They did call the General Manager for the Michigan dealership but I don't know what was said. Anyway, THAT WENT NOWHERE! So far, this situation is the only problem we've had with Camping World. Our dealership in Utah has been super great and the Service Manager in Michigan was particularly helpful in wanting to make things right. We really appreciate him! They let us stay at Camping World with hookups for several days while we got organized.

BUT, the Keystone Montana Production Manager was VERY helpful! He's the one who set up the installing of the extra batteries for our Super Solar Flex system. He even helped on some other issues. One being the King Sized Memory Foam Bed that we ordered to come in the trailer. We thought we looked at a 3120 model with a king bed but apparently we were mistaken. When we saw the one in our unit it was "no way!" The bed filled the whole room. You had to slide sideways between the wall and bed in order to get into bed. I like the roomy king size bed but not at the expense of comfortably getting around in the bedroom! So, I emailed Sam, the Production Manager, and surprisingly he offered to send us a Queen mattress at no charge! He was so awesome!! We just left the king size mattress with Solar Solutions (Matt picked up the mattress for us at the factory) to do what they wanted with it. I also have to say again how WONDERFUL everyone at Solar Solutions was to us! They let us stay at their facility after everything was installed so we could test the system out. We ended staying for several days. They let us have packages sent to their address. One even came after we left and they are USPing it to us. Matt has been wonderful in communications involving minor issues with the solar and even other issues that were not involving the solar.
We have moved on and are still LOVING the trailer! Have also posted some other information regarding testing the Super Solar System with air conditioners.

So fun to be here in Florida and see the rocket launches! Will report on that later.
Pam
West Haven, Utah Part-Time
Pamc is offline   Reply With Quote