View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 09:51 AM   #13
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Alfred, ME

Having been born and raised in rural Maine I visit there often.

Maine is called “vacation land”. If traveling US-1 in the summertime you’ll find out why. There are a lot of fine RV Parks near or on US-1. They are a little more expensive than rural CGs and get the patrons closer to the attractions.

Being more familiar with the rural CGs that are 15 -20 miles inland and cater to the locals it’s where we stay. This one is in Alfred, ME, the county seat of York County. (It has the largest building in town, the court house).

Alfred has rural attractions such as numerous yard/flea market sales and about a dozen antique shops. However, for serous shopping you’ll have to make a short trip to Sanford.

Our site at Walnut Grove CG was a FHU, 50 AMPs. Your trash is picked-up daily, usually in the morning when they deliver the free news paper. On Fri & Sat nights there is beano (bingo) in the barn with prizes. It’s quiet and well maintained and even has a popular swimming pool area. The CG store is always well stocked with daily needs. The ocean front attractions at Wells Beach and Kennebunkport are about 12-15 miles away – “about 20-25 min down that road” a local might say.

https://walnutgrovecampground.net/

Click image for larger version

Name:	7 Walnut Grove CG, Alfred, ME - 4.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	7890 Click image for larger version

Name:	7a Walnut Grove CG, Alfred, ME - 5.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	7891

Click image for larger version

Name:	7b Walnut Grove CG, Alfred, ME - 1.jpg