View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 10:06 PM   #39
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Interesting. Never been on a septic system. Doesn't it still make sense, though, that if little enzymes will reduce stuff to much smaller pieces that flushing the tank might be more successful? I don't know since I haven't tried it but I've already bought the product so will give it a try. Reports have been positive from other users. If nothing else, the occasional sloshing still works.
I use a microbial tank treatment and these little critters really do the job!! They break down wast and TP and keep your sensors clean and working like new, providing they were working correctly in the first place. They will even get rid of a poo pyramid if you give it a couple days, and never have another one. They crawl up the sides of your tank and clean it top to bottom. Also works in grey tanks on the small food particles that go down the sink into the grey tank. You do not need to use a lot of water, and can start with about 3 gallons in the tank. Some even advise not to back flush your tank, as you are washing out the microbes with the flush. I do a small, quick flush, add about 3 gallons back in, add more treatments and Im done. No need for big water toilet flushes. An “average” flush will work fine. These work similar to RidX, but from what I have read, the microbes are a bit different. I’m using the Camco sensor cleaner and tank treatment now with great results, and will be testing the Unique digest-it brand next. Both available from Amazon and other places. Google them for best price. No need to go through all the gymnastics of flushing, and back flushing, and more water etc. Do some research and once you use them you will never use anything else, and no more black tank or grey tank issues. Too easy.....
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote