Thread: Magazine
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #14
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I use to take Trailer Life Magazine several years ago. Over time, (Like several years), I saw the magazine get smaller and more and more advertisements. Paper magazine sales must have slumped sometime back then because "they" incorporated the digitized magazine with your subscription, so you get access to the currently monthly magazine on-line. I actually like this better than the paper edition.

But again, advertisements way outnumbered articles. Then it shrunk. That's when I let my subscription drop.

I found out later that back issues in their entirety are still available with no subscription at all: Click here, and the article I really looked forward to was also compiled into a free section on the web site: 10 Minute Tech, click here archived. Granted these are not current articles (like this month's issue), but there's enough information on the web site to keep me entertained for a while. So, I go back every now and then read stuff from about a year and a half ago. Things DO NOT change THAT much from year to year. Want to keep up on the latest floor plans, go to the manufacturer's web site and punch in any make and model on YouTube and get an instant video tour of the unit.

So, really, there was no need for "me" to subscribe any more. I'm not in the need to purchase a new camper, so places like THIS forum, dedicated to the specifics of my Montana is really much more beneficial for "me."

I will admit though, when we purchased our first Pop-Up in 1996, the camping magazines and RV magazines were a fascinating read. Today, I'd much rather just go visit an RV dealership and see the real thing, or better yet, go camping and experience the things that others write about.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote