View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 12:17 PM   #7
ChaseTX
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26041
Light Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nard Dog View Post
...the headlights! For a $55K piece of equipment, it amazes me how poorly it lights things. My son's 15 year old, $2000 Honda accord has to be twice as bright. To say nothing about all the newer Chevy's I own. I went to an auto parts store a few years ago and said 'give me the brightest headlights they make, money is no object'! When I pulled out my stock bulbs can you believe how frustrated I was that the new ones had exactly the same part numbers stamped in exactly the same way?
The headlights is an easy fix, you will just have to decide if you want to go with an LED or HID style. Both have their own pro's and con's. With the HID you will have to get a ballist but these lights are far superior in Brightness. The LED's are extremely easy to install but can be a annoying, due to the low voltage draw, causing a headlight out signal. The headlight will not be out but the system will not recognize it due to the low voltage signal.

Whichever you chose be sure and get the correct housing and projection for the light. If you just put these lights in a regular housing, you will be able to see extremely well, but you will be blinding everyone else. These types of headlights require specific headlight assemblies. Just type it online and you will see what I am talking about. You can find a nice set for both options online under $200. Goodluck to you.
Previous Eagle Cap 850, Elkhorn 8.5, Alfa Gold 38RLT
ChaseTX is offline   Reply With Quote