View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 08:04 AM   #31
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Thank-you everyone for ALL your input. To bring everyone up to date, we are still scheduled to depart Indiana and head for Alabama tomorrow (Jan 1). Based on everyone's comments, it seems with a bit of common sense, traveling between the states should be a non-issuse.

I called the campground and reconfirmed everything is OK. I asked about anything I needed to know before getting there because of Covid, and they told me everything is pretty good there. Nothing real unusual going on. She showed no concern at all. I think that's a good thing.

We're heading out on January 1, in the morning, and planning on driving a while to get somewhere in Tennessee for an overnight. We decided to just wing it Friday night and see where we land. I don't want to drive straight through, even though it's just a Google Map 8 hour and 2 minute drive. But we also got hit with a bit of snow in Indiana yesterday and I want to avoid the toll bridges crossing the Ohio River at Jeffersonville, Louisville, KY on I-65 even though I-65 is the most direct route from my house to our destination. Indiana interstates are still awful to drive, so we're taking secondary roads to the Ohio River, then cutting over and hitting I-65 South of Louisville, KY.

So, with at said, we're on our way. We're packing for a month, planning on laundry once a week, taking our work computers with us, and leaving the house to our son and grandson. (They live with us). Got the John Deere snow blower all hooked up to the mower, deck removed, and leaving one generator at home in case he has power failure when we are gone and taking the second one with us, since I really do not think we'll need air conditioning yet, this time of year in Alabama.

So, we're getting all those last minute "things" pack up right now. I've got the "outside" stuff to prepare for next ... check air in tires, get "junk" in the bed of the pick-up, hitch up, and wait for tomorrow morning.

All systems "go". Looking for a month of working R&R.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote