View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 08:01 AM   #6
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftie Canuk View Post
Hi,
I received a Viair400P for Christmas, tried it today, and after a 20 second test run with no load, I connected an air line to my front tire stem, and went to start the compressor. It would not run. In both tests, I had the Duramax running, and the compressor leads to the common posts (that are in a parallel circuit with two chassis batteries). I have checked the 40 amp in-line fuse on the compressor power cord, it's fine. I'm baffled.
Any ideas ?
The 400P has an auto shutoff so it will not start unless it can have air flowing.
I had similar situation a couple of times and it ended up being that the air hose connections were not seated all the way in (I know seemed weird to me that they could seem to lock but not be all the way in).
So, see if there is anything that might prevent the air from flowing; reseat the hose connections, try a different chuck, etc.
And, again at the risk of sounding silly, if you are using the trigger chuck, the pump will only turn on if you are pressing the trigger so that air will flow.

Might not be it, but that's what fooled me a couple of times.

hth
Brad