View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 11:37 AM   #10
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
You may be experiencing what I was, and am, experiencing. Mine quit on the electric side as well. No power to the heating element but good continuity, nothing to the reset switches but good continuity then found a burned up switch (assuming Suburban WH) and replaced. Still had no power to the switch. On another forum I was advised of a relay on the back of the Suburban wh that is prone to burning up. I suspect (am fairly certain) that is where my problem is (no breaker problems and power is leaving the power panel). It requires pulling the WH to get to the relay and I'm still under warranty so advised the dealership and Keystone, killed the AC to the WH and I'm running on LP until I get back to TX for repairs.

You very well may have the same issue - sure sounds like mine. If it were me I'd cut to the chase and check for 120VAC coming into the switch. If it's not there you have a problem back toward the power panel and it eliminates the other components at the WH. You did not say that you had checked the breaker (120vac) in the breaker panel - make sure it is on/good.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote