View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
Buster and Sandra
Established Member

M.O.C. #19942
Montana HC 305rl wall moving

We have a 2017 Montana HC 305rl and recently noticed a bulge in the lower sidewall when the living room slide was out. With my wife opening and closing the slide I can see it move several inches. I have found several other posts about this problem and have reached out to Alisha Howton at Keystone for warranty consideration even though we are way out of factory warranty. This has become a known issue with the lower wall weld breaking. She requested pictures and has instructed me to take to take it to a dealer for frame measurements. Here is my big question, we live in Burleson, Texas just south of Fort Worth and I am not sure about the dealers around here having the ability to fix this properly. I'm wondering if it is worth the 16 hour 1000 mile trip to Affinity RV repair in Goshen Indiana. I know from all the other posts that they are more than capable and will do a quality repair that should last the life of the trailer. We are basically retired and would use the for more than just the repairs. Any opinions or knowledge of qualified repair shops in my area would be appreciated.
Buster and Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote